09 January 2009

I don't like change...

Well, hasn't this been a special week! To start, I think it was about 4-5 days ago that my daughter decided she no longer wanted to sleep in her crib. Well she's going to be 3, so it's about time (though she's by no means a mature 3). But this wasn't a 'momma I'm a big girl now' decision... something scared her. Could have been a gust of wind, or maybe a bit of snow/ice falling off the roof...I don't know. But she is WAY afraid of that crib. Luckily her room used to be the guest room so there's a queen size bed in there, and she decided she wants to sleep in it.

But no naps! I live for those naps! It's the only time of day I get any quiet, I can eat without having to share (her appetite is insane!), I can take a shower if I missed it. Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself! She also has to be super tired in order to stay in the room...so she's been up at almost midnight each night! This just isn't working for me! Although I have been anxious to get her her own big girl bed... but that brings us to the 2nd unwanted change...

My husband's boss has done a 20% pay cut across the board! Yes, 20%! Now mind you, it's a lot better than losing your job entirely, but it's a significant decrease, especially when you kind-of live paycheck to paycheck. But we'll be okay. I have no spending money (agh!) and less food money, less gas, less everything! I'm not going to go into how I feel about the decision, let's just say that as long as the 20% keeps the company afloat, we can manage.

Speaking of afloat, perhaps you heard that western WA is an island right now! Well, actually Rt.2 just opened up, so you can leave. My town, Duvall, is also it's own little island. Most people live on the hill, like me, but the farmers are in the river valley. Here are some pics:

Here's where the river usually is...that's an old bridge part...
Most houses in the valley are built up on a slight grade, but it's not enough to spare them...

Ya think? This sign in on one of the roads out of the area...
While I was taking this pic there was a bald eagle doing circles overhead.

Well, that's my news! Hope you had a better week than me! ;)

3 comments:

Jules said...

Wow! That is sure a lot of water! Stay safe and dry and let's hope the weather (and the economy) improve ASAP!

robin said...

that is alot of water! :(

I am glad that YOUR house was not affected!

Theresa said...

Oh my gosh.. you weren't kidding on the water.. I hope you are doing ok.. I have a little something over at my blog for you..come visit.. I also got a layout done with the paper you sent me.. thanks again..