16 January 2009

I have to share...

I was just on the Cosmo Cricket blog, and they're giving away some goodies! So you'll want to go check that out!

So...who absolutely NEEDS the entire Everafter line? Me!!! (...she says, squirming in her chair and raising her hand) It's absolutely perfect for me! The colors, the birds! Oh yes... it will be mine! It will be mine...

The question is when? Because as of today, Friday, payday, my husband has not been paid. All the smaller-salaried employees have been paid, but not us. In fact, the boss may be out of 'available' money! So let's see...do a 20% pay-cut across the board instead of getting rid of the dead-weight in the company. Then, when you see you won't have enough money to pay everyone, you give all the money to the lower-paid employees, and none to the higher. Does that sound right to you? I don't think so! We need something! We have a mortgage, a car payment, 2 kids! (no, not in order of priorities, but in expense) I hate complaining (though I do it oh so well) but this is crazy! We're only able to make our mortgage payment this month because my husband took a 'loan' out of the 401K.

Okay, so I just deleted a big ranting paragraph! I'm going to spare you and move on to something happier! Let's see...

I received a wonderful envelope full of chipboard today! I won a card contest at Magistical Memories! Talk about an awesome prize...woo-hoo! If you've never tried their chipboard, I recommend it! It's different...very compact and sturdy, and it's cut out so well. They have some really intricate designs too. They're having a sale right now...go get some, and think of me when you play with it! :) Then show me what you made! ( I love me some show and tell!) Here's my card. The deer is chipboard, his spots some leftover I cut into circles, and I used another piece of chipboard as a template for the branch...


Let's see if I have any fun pictures to share today...
Here are some washboards I got from an antique store. They're waiting to be hung in my 'laundry room.' It's not a real room, but rather a laundry hallway with an unused back door. I love laundry. I really wish I had a 'room' but I still have big plans for my hallway!

Here's the text on the little guy...
It's pretty worn off... ( I'm hoping this pic doesn't get cut off like all the others do. Does anyone know what template/etc. to use so that all the pics don't get cut in half?)

Well that's it for today! Hope you have a great weekend! I'm certainly looking forward to it! :)

3 comments:

robin said...

Hope things get better soon! I can totally relate.

I do like your laundry hall "decor"...super cute!

Have a good day!

Theresa said...

Hi Erica.. long time no chat... i'm with you on the cosmo cricket. some cute stuff. sorry to hear what's happening with the hubby..times are unpredictable..big hugs that things work out.

T

Marion said...

Hey Erica -- Hubbies never listen when they claim they are. He's just being a guy...

I like your washboards! I have a couple of those hanging in the hallway outside my laundry room along with a rug beater and one of those things that holds up the cord of an old fashioned iron, and Ice picks. My washer is on the blink and I am for the first time getting a brand new matched set! Woohoo!! So, this weekend will pick out paint and some new flooring for my little 6'x6' laundry room.

Take care!

Oh, and you KNOW I talk to my cats much more often than I talk to my hubby! =)