06 March 2009

What is it about Friday?

If I'm not mistaken, it's been sunny for (at least) the last three Fridays. Not so much the other days, just Friday. Have I mentioned that I love Friday? ;) And yes, this one is packed full of hope for a fun weekend! Too bad it's supposed to be cold.

Last night I brought all of my potted plants into the garage to attempt to protect their little buds. I hope it works. It's a long story, but I have a ton of plants that still have to go in the ground from last year. I just never got around to preparing the soil and such. This'll be the year to do that! Perfect timing with no money and all... *sigh*

I know that there have been noteworthy happenings this week, but, as usual, I can't remember them once I start typing.

I read Twilight...well, most of it. I read enough. Then I saw a movie trailer (No, I haven't seen the movie yet. I always try to read the book first.). I have a feeling the girl who played Bella did a bad job... I know the part I saw looked horrible. But then maybe they interpreted her differently than I did. I think my Bella would have been better. (You know who's face I picture as Edward? Marcel V. from Top Chef [I think he was Season 3?]. Although, he'd be a better Werewolf I think. lol) But anyway, I have no plans to move on in the series. It's yet another long story, but I'm just ready to move on. I don't do love stories well...

So now I'm reading The Da Vinci Code. It's not catching me yet...well, not in the 'I'm staying up until I finish it' way. I was thinking the other day about how I'll miss Michael Crichton. It just then sank in that there'll be no more M.C. books. That makes me sad...

Who's your favorite author? What's your all-time favorite book? I'd love to know!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Erica.. so glad to see you posting again. I'm a worry wart and was wondering about you.. =) I have Twilight on my list to read.. have the first one. My friend liked it and no I haven't seen the movie.. I'll let you know what I think when I finish.. As for the best book I ever read.. hmmm. that's a toughie. I really liked the Witching Hour by Anne Rice..I haven't read a book for fun in years.. so I need to get back to it.. hope you are having a HAPPY Friday..

robin said...

haven't read those books yet....I am probably the only one who hasn't! :)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Miss seeing you at M2R!

Bean said...

Hi Erica - it's Bean... wanted to tell you that my favorite author WAS Jeffrey Archrer... I remember when I read "As the Crow Flies" and was just soooooo in love with his writing... however (there's always a "However") as of late, I haven't enjoyed his stuff so much - it's like maybe he's under a contract and is forced to push stuff out so he hodge-podgely puts stuff together... the most recent is "False Impression"... it's not a bad story line - but he's throwing events of "911" in and they are sooooooo out of place in his story - I can't seem to catch a connection ..... he's not doing 911 justice and he's certainly going off the story line when he brings it in.... but I will keep reading and maybe feel differently in the end... will let you know.