14 May 2009

Long time, no blog...

I made a purse last night. Want to see it?Now I just need a big, beautiful button to complete it. Hopefully I'll be going to an antique mall this weekend to look for one. Wish me luck!

The pattern is called the Open City Tote. I saw a sample made up in my LQS. Doesn't that make all the difference sometimes? To see the thing actually made up? One that really sticks in my head is back when Crabapple Hill had those black & white drawings on their patterns instead of a color picture. The drawings were so cute, but I just plain couldn't picture what the finished product would look like. I'm not special like that! So one day at my favorite quilt store they had a sample of this pattern and I was in love! I almost miss those old black & white patterns. There was something mysterious about them...

I have kind-of a funny story too. That particular LQS has a lot of theft problems. Specifically, people steal their samples. Crazy! So they started attaching bells to them so it would alert them when things were being moved. So yesterday as I was checking out the purse, the kids just 'had' to see the big bell inside (unfortunately, my son feels the need to look for bells in each sample). This morning, my 3yo daughter picks up the purse I made last night, looks inside and says, "there's no bell?" Cute.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Erica.. love the bag... I've tried quilting.. never finished the project i started.. I do like sewing and someday, when I'm not scrapping, would enjoy learning more...

Jenny B in Indy said...

Very pretty!!

Bean said...

Hi Erica.... absolutely love this bag.... I want one PLEEEEASE... if I pick out the materials, will you do it for me..... PLEEEEASE.... all kidding aside, I do absolutely love it - awesome job and it looks like fun :) Very nice.

Jodi@SimplyThisThat n.. said...

That purse is fantastic! Love everything about it. Way cute.