14 July 2009

Back from the hop...

So we did end up going on the shop hop. It was great. Though it would have been much nicer had we taken more than just two days to do it. For one, we were rushed, and I didn't get to go to all 12 shops so I'm not eligible for the big prize. So be it. Next year (oh yes, I plan to do it again!) we'll take more time so we can stop and explore some interesting places.

The people in those shops were so darn nice. Not one quilt snob or rotten mood as I've sometimes encountered in my area. And I got a free fat quarter at each shop! How cool is that?

Here are some of my purchases/winnings:

Some delicious 30's repros... The seafoamy/minty green in the back is for the project that I'm collecting all these 30's for. Someday I'll tell you about that...
Yet more pink and browns...
Some reds, whitse and blues for another project I'm working on...At one of the shops we encountered this little guy. I saved him from a certain foot-related death (he was on the welcome mat). I put my lens cap in the pic for size reference. Isn't he tiny? I don't know if he's a baby praying mantis, or some other tiny albino mantid.
A storm was rolling in on our way home. This is a cloud of dust...
And this is what I believe to be a closed up mine. I have the strongest urge to explore stuff like that! The pic is kind-of fuzzy because we were driving by at 70mph. Sometimes I just wish we could stop for these things...
Also, I forgot to show the mini quilt I made for that mini hanger. Yes, it's wonky, but do I care? no...
And here's the back...
I did end up making that pin cushion but the pattern was wrong and so I'm not at all happy with how it turned out. :( I know I should have checked for corrections, but I never do...

1 comment:

Jodi@SimplyThisThat n.. said...

I love this mini quilt! Adorable. And glad to have found your blog. ;o)