29 July 2009

My day has been made...

I got the most wonderful comment on one of my posts today! Jodi said she was 'glad to have found my blog!' My blog? No. That is not a tear! I simply have something in my eye...

So check out her fun blog. I highly recommend this (I totally covet that little stash pillow!) and that (she was featured on Moda Bake shop! Check that out!) She's actually giving those tutorial projects away! Woo-hoo! :) Just leave a comment on 'that' post to enter!

So speaking of grandmother's flower garden quilts, I've started one of my own. Although, is it really one? I wasn't going to share right away, but why not!

I'm (obviously) doing red, white and blue in rounds. I'm just going to keep adding rounds...no individual flowers here. And the hexagons are the 1/2" ones. Small... Yes, it would've been nice of me to finish that red round for the pic...Do you like? I almost did it in 1/4" but I'm thinking 30's repros for that...

Speaking of tiny things. Here is the mini furniture collection I've started...

A tiny chair I got while doing the OR shop hop...A mini ladder...it's one of my favorites!
The mini stool I had my 30's repros on...And a tiny bench...I also have a variety of mini shelves. I wanted to make a sort of collage of mini shelves on a wall, but I'm not at all creative and therefore I haven't decided how to make it work... (a little Tim Gunn tribute there...)

OMG! Project Runway really is coming back! I think it kind-of stinks that it'll be on Lifetime instead of Bravo, but so be it! Yay!

3 comments:

Jodi@SimplyThisThat n.. said...

Oh geesh. Thanks for the kind words! I'm very flattered. But.... There is a much easier way to do your hexagons! I started mine just like yours and a couple bloggin friends said, HEY! STOP! And I said, what?! And then they enlightened me and well, I'm SO glad they did. Send me an email with your email address and I'll send you a few links, so you can see. Super easy. Not much different then you're already doin, but will save you TONS of time in the long run. TRUST me. ;o) ooxx`jodi

tubakk said...

Hexagons are great. I love it.

Rebecca P said...

Love your tiny things, so cute.
I just love Project Runway! I hate it when they change channels on me, now I have to change my DVR too.
Great hexagons, I'm sorta doing some petals, but I'm not doing very well.
Jodi, I'd love a lesson too.