10 August 2009

A quasi eventful weekend...

It was by no means a fun weekend...I was in a bad mood for most of it. Feeling sad, out of sorts and sorry for myself. Lovely. To start it off with a bang, my son woke me up at 5am on Saturday to tuck him back in bed. I just couldn't get back to sleep after that. Nothing like a lack of sleep to set the mood. But quite a few things occurred...

We went to IKEA and bought some flooring for my craft room! And also some drywall! Woo-hoo! Now that's not to say that it'll get done anytime soon, but it's a start...

We also bought some new chairs for the kids. There was a problem putting one of them together so I asked my husband for assistance. One of his ideas was to use super glue, but he squeezed the tube and nothing came out. So i took it, opened the cap and it all came pouring out on my finger.* It almost stuck to another finger, but I pulled it away in time! Whew!
(It's getting bigger...)

Then that night I did some crocheting before bed. As usual my mind wandered here and there...lately my son and I have been watching the harry Potter movies. The 4th was on it's way in the mail and I hadn't read that whole book. I hate seeing the movie before reading the book. Then I had the best idea--I would download the audio book to my ipod and listen to it as I crocheted! I went online...it's not available. Went to Amazon to see if they had it on CD. Yes, for $50!!! I am not paying $50 for one CD book! No way! So then I thought...what about the library. Guess what? They have all of them, except the one I wanted! Can you believe it?!?

Was that all that happened? I think so...

So here are some pictures...(A neat little flag I got. They have a variety of things to hang from the arrow. They even have a sheep! See the spider web?)
(A star I painted and hung outside)

(A vintage pillow. I'm constantly telling the kids not to play with it/leave it on the floor)

I took some picture of my plants today too...I'll share those next time.

*The tube says to soak your finger in acetone nail polish remover. It was taking forever and not working. So I put a gob of hand lotion on my finger and bandaged it. It worked great. It took about a day, and I reapplied the lotion maybe 4 times, but at least it wasn't such a hinderance as sitting there soaking...

No comments: