11 August 2009

Some people...

I'm just disgusted. The other day something out the window caught my eye. It was a girl climbing on our fence. So I watched and she was tried to yank off a 'ball' from our monkey tree. Then 3 of them climbed the fence trying to yank it. It wasn't budging...it isn't supposed to come off. So I went out and told them to get off. They didn't even apologize or anything!

Well guess what? They came back and apparently were successful. The ball is missing and the tree is weeping white fluid. Nice... You know, if they had come to the door and asked if they could have one, I very well might have clipped one for them. But why do they think they can just come and take whatever they want? I don't understand people like that...
(monkey tree 'balls')

It's actually not the first time we've had that sort of problem. I think it was last year...we found some men with clippers clipping at the tree! Can you believe that?!? They wanted a cutting to start their own tree. First I say, go buy one at a nursery like the rest of us. Second...get the h*** off my tree! People...they really disappoint me. *take a deep breath*

So here are the plant pictures I promised...

2 lovely gladioluses...
Various Hydrangeas. I should have taken pictures before our hot weather. A lot of the petals burned...(Lovely, isn't it?)
(I didn't treat the soil, so they're mostly purple this year...)
(mmm...)

(See the little bug on the leaf? Cute...)(A baby pumpkin)(A quince...)
(The lake seems so serene today...)

4 comments:

Patchwork Penguin said...

Because limits and consequences don't exist anymore.... ask a teacher.

Sorry your tree was damaged...... do the kids live next door?

Sew Many Ways... said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments. Love all your pictures in this post...sorry about your tree. Not sure what people are thinking sometimes.
~Karen~

Bean said...

Hi EJ.... It's amazing how true Patchwork Penguin's comments are... sad but true. I am going to dwell on the serenity of the lake, however.... how lovely, how peaceful. And while sitting and enjoying that peacefulness, you'll have to come up with a way to "get even"..... just kidding... maybe it was "kids being kids" maybe not.... guard your tree as best you can and stand your ground. Peace be with you :)

The Vintage Kitten said...

Honestly some people these days have no manners! Years ago a kid (old enough to know better) kept throwing mud at my windows so I waited until I saw him one night on his own and ran up behind him spun him round and with my nose touching his told him in no uncertain terms to never do it again. I frightened the life out of him and he burst into tears (and he never did it again)LOL! Not that Im suggesting doing that but it did feel good LOL! If the children damage your tree again, then maybe a chat with the parents would be in order. And the people taking cuttings, well that is just disgraceful and its called stealing where I come from X