22 September 2009

Avoiding the nap...

My body wanted to take a nap this afternoon, but I hate the way I feel afterward. So I decided to blog instead. Aren't you lucky! :) (I need an eye-rolling smiley)

I've started on my new bag...
Needless to say, the gauge is much, much smaller... I'm using a 3.5mm hook. I have a snazzy new aluminum Susan Bates hook now! My old plastic one was also SB, but as you know, it's awfully breakable. Thanks for the heads-up Debbie!I love the way the yarn curls after you've unraveled it...I find myself holding too tight (because of the smaller hook?) and so I've been experiencing 'wrist discomfort.' (yes, I'm laughing at that)

Yesterday, while waiting at the school for my boy, I showed my girl a Hello Kitty backpack someone had on. She said "I wish it was mine." One thing led to another and she decided she wanted to go to Target and get a backpack. I told her we could go look (we happened to be going for cat food anyway) and she said, "No, we buy!"

So when my boy gets into the car, she excitedly tells him that she'll be getting a backpack. We start driving away and she says, "Momma, I think we'll skip Mabs' food." (Mable is the cat) And then I go to turn down our street and she screams "NO, the backpack!" I explain to her that we'd go after daddy came home... I think she might have had her heart set on a backpack... :)

So here it is...We decided on the Strawberry Shortcake because it was smaller for her little body. Brings back childhood memories!

I also got these...
I try my best not to even look in the dollar area because it's always a bunch of crap, but this is such cute crap. I'm sure I'll find something I need them to hold...

I met yet another crazy-big spider friend yesterday. I try so hard not to scare them away...but I really want you to see the size...
She wasn't too horribly shy. She stopped halfway and let me get pretty close...I always think of a bunch of things to chat about throughout the day, but I can never remember them by the time I sit down. (Heck, I forgot about half of this stuff until I went to upload the pics!) I'll just leave you with this...

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Your bag will be wonderful, I really must make one of them. Love the bagpack, but not the spider, how could you get so close? And what's going on with all that Kaffey goodness all layed out there? xo

Jackie said...

I wanted to nap yesterday too and did. My body just couldn't resist! Love the story, very cute. Spider, not so cute. Hmmm... are those the Kaffe's you got from my Etsy?? They look wonderful in their new home.

MichelleB said...

Love those Kaffe's! I need to get some from Jackie - I've just been waiting until my accounts are not so overworked.

Anna said...

I love the colours of your bag, it will be great! And very sweet bagpack, and very curius about that lovely fabric of yours!

Anna x

Beata said...

Mmmm.. love the beginnings of thye crochet bag -- great colors! Can't wait to see more...

Lucey said...

That unravelled wool would look good scrunched up and made into a brooch with a button glued in the middle. That spider looks enormous!!! love Lucey x