17 September 2009

Best laid plans...

Yesterday kind-of sucked...so I had every intention of making this a better day, starting with a trip to the craft store right after we dropped my boy off for school. Fun, fun! ( I need to buy a smaller gauge crochet hook for that bag.)

I woke up before my alarm, realizing I didn't set it early enough for my boy to get a shower. I didn't want him to sleep on his clean hair because today was picture day. So I get up, and it's 30 minutes past when I usually get up! Apparently I never set an alarm at all...

I decided it was no big deal, I'd just skip my own shower. So we're running around, getting clean, then I realize his shirt (for the pic) was in the bottom of the hamper! Okay, it didn't smell bad, so I sprayed it with starch for a nice fresh scent, and we were good again...

Then I woke up my girl. She seemed cheerful enough--then she walked into the hallway and yakked all over the place! She felt obliged to walk the length of the hall while doing so, thus making a greater mess for me.

Not the day I had planned, to say the least... We camped out on the couch all day, she slept, I watched CSI. I couldn't work on the bag, but I did fiddle with this...The pattern is in this book...
See that awesome green lovliness on the cover? That's why I rented the book. I want to make that. But guess what? Not in the book... Carzy, huh? I think I'll try the Harmony guides or something. It's easy enough to figure out the pattern, but I don't know how to start after the foundation chain and all... Hmm, maybe I do??? Oh either way, I think I'll check out that other book. I love checking craft books out of the library, because then you can decide which ones you really want to buy...

Also, remember that lovely Cascade 220 pile? I think I'm going to make a stripey felted tote... I think. Maybe some other pattern? Squares? We'll see!

Also, thank you for the lovely comments lately. I so love comments! :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

What a start to the day Erica!!! Your little flower is just gorgeous, I hope to make a bag like the one you are making sometime. Also, being a Library Officer, I totally get you about borrowing craft books from the library before buying them, some I have borrowed I would have been so disappointed if I had purchased them first!! xo