09 September 2009

Bits and pieces...

I've wanted to post for a few days now, but the timing has to be just right... the kids playing quietly, me in a good mood, and the most difficult of all, I've got to have something to talk about. When I said this blog is about my mundane life, I wasn't joking! But it's been almost a week, so I do have a few things to share now...

The first days of school always bring a dump-load of emotions my way. So after dropping my baby, I mean son, off one particularly lonely morning, I took my daughter to the grocery store for a few things, and we came home with this happy pink doughnut...It ended up being a rather cozy, quiet morning for us girls (and our naughty treats!)

My son was the first 'patient' of the year in the school nurse's office. He skinned both his knees. I think I may have forgotten to take a picture to scrapbook. :( (Certainly wouldn't be the first time I've done that!) Otherwise it was a rather uneventful first week.

JJ had the day off Monday...
It was rainy and cool. Rain one minute, sun the next, then the wind...So then it's not really my fault, but more the weather's, that I broke my promise. You know, that promise to myself that I would keep working on that granny square blanket before I started on something else. Did we not know this would happen?

First came the buying of yarn...that was a while ago, so I still thought I was doing well. But on Monday, I cracked! So here's the beginning of a lovely bag, which I'll tell more about when it's done...
Incidentally, my crochet hook broke yesterday. I primarily use one of those jelly-color plastic ones. Yes, they're cheap, but the hook on the metal ones seems to be ever so slightly wider than the rest of the 'stem' and I have such a time trying to get the hook back through my loop. Whereas the circumference of the plastic is consistent throughout... I even tried an 'ergonomic' Clover hook, and not only was the hook the same as the other metal ones, but I found my thumb hurting! Funny, eh? Uh oh! I just went to the Clover website to get that link and I saw these... I've not seen them in the store, but I might need them...

We also went to a reptile 'zoo.' It was lots of fun...I held 2 snakes. It's not much of a secret, but I'd love to have a snake!

So adorable...She had beautiful eyes...JJ went to the grocery store and brought back these... I feel loved.
And then to end the lovely day, the sun came out for a beautiful sunset. But, as usual, it was fleeting, and I stopped to look a little too long and therefore missed a perfect picture. But this will have to do... See the shadows? Those are from big trees behind our house...
So here it is, Wednesday already! We went to the craft store for a $2 crochet hook, and walked out with it and $40 worth of unecessities, we painted a bit, spilled beads all over the floor...the usual.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Bean said...

Have lots o'comments but I promised BK I'd help him fold clothes so my thoughts will have to keep... sooooooooo enjoyed reading all your adventures :)

debbie said...

you should try the Susan Bates hooks the head is the same as the body; they are the best hooks to work with;
they are made like the one you were using only they are metal

Pamela said...

I am in love with your bag, I just love stipes. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Too fun.