28 September 2009

I went shopping...

My parents are visiting for the week so I haven't been keeping up on the computer. I must say I miss it, but it's so nice to have company.

My dad is one of those people who just can't stand to relax. So he's been doing all sorts of odd jobs for us. Presently, he's out in the yard, completely manicuring it. I feel bad that he's here working, but honestly, I think he loves it. You can see how horribly bored he gets just hanging around all day. And frankly, jj doesn't like home improvement projects, so it's wonderful for him to have the help...

My mom (I call her bean) is my show and tell buddy. I show her all my latest finds, and we talk about crafts. I got her into beading, stamping and a little into scrapbooking (more that I introduced her to the wide world of scrapbooking products to be loved and purchased...), and I'm now trying to tempt her with fabric projects. She's reluctant...I think she loves the fabric, but her machine is old and hard to work with, and I'm sure time is a factor.

Speaking of products, my mom needed some beads, and wondered if I'd take her to the bead store. I obliged... (I know you're not surprised by that.) :) Let's give props to jj as he gave me some money to spend. Yay jj!

I took her to Fusion Beads first, as it's my favorite bead store. We have Shipwreck, which is great for your basic supplies, but Fusion has all sorts of oddities and focal pieces. The gals who work there are just awesome too! Every time I go in there I come out with a new project because they have so many inspiring examples. In fact, I wanted my mom to see all the amazing stuff, but as I haven't done any beading recently, I was sure I wouldn't buy much...maybe a strand or two. $70 later I have some seriously fun stuff to work with...I got some ICE resin. I'm so excited to use it...so excited! So very, very excited!!

And then after Fusion we went to Beads & Beyond, which just happens to share space with Quiltworks NW. How convenient... ;) I didn't even look at the beads because the fabric was so very yummy. It's a little more expensive to buy there than online, and I do love receiving packages in the mail, but there's something wonderful about going to the shop. One, you can see the fabric in all it's glory. Two, you get to chat with the employees and customers. Today I chatted with a lady who had the most beautiful scarf on...just gorgeous! She even told me where to find the pattern. So hopefully, someday, you'll be seeing that scarf, and I'll be wearing it. And the gal cutting the fabric was so patient and fun to talk to. I just love friendly people...

Don't worry, I'll share my purchases in another post. I love to share you know...

Finally, no post would be complete without a picture or two...

jj bought me some flowers...that just makes my day, you know... Love my tiny little vases too. The one on the left is a milk bottle which held some super-yummy chocolate milk from a local farm. You pay a deposit and then bring the bottle back to get the deposit back. But that's too cute not to keep!And this adorable little frog(?) is in the bathroom. Originally the tub had sliding doors. Hideous sliding doors... My dad took them off for us on one of his visits. Underneath one of the door holder thingies was this little wallpaper piece.
How cute is that? I'm keeping him!

1 comment:

Fahrenheit 350° said...

That sounds so fun! I love to have visitors and do a show and tell of my own!