03 September 2009

My dear sweet friend, Thursday...

(The cold weather has also brought out my old friend, the cup of milky chai. Mmm...)

You know why I like Thursday so very much? Because the next day is Friday. It's almost as if tonight there will be a great weight lifted off my shoulders. Who cares if tomorrow is a bad day, because it will be Friday, and if I can just get through that one day all will be well...
(Teensy flowers from my yard in an oh-so-cute milky yellow vase)

I've been feeling horribly out of sorts as of late. I can only hope it has something to do with the start of school. But I do find lately that I feel out of sorts more than I feel normal. That just won't do...

What prompted me to post this morning (okay, it's 1:30...I guess it's not morning anymore, is it?) is my daughter. She wanted a yogurt, and I watched her run (in her tiny, bouncy little way) out to the fridge, grab onto the handle and swing, feet up, to the side of the fridge...like a little girly Tarzan. It was adorable. True, there's the whole, 'I can't afford a new fridge so stop hanging off the handle' feeling, but I let it go this time... She's just so happy, for whatever reason.

So let's look at what makes me happy this week.

Could it be some new fabrics? Of course! The matryoshka print is double gauze. I love it! I need some more of that style of fabric...Need, I tell you!

Perhaps you noticed that I merged some pictures this time. It only makes sense, I think...

This fabric has 4 'scenes," my favorite being the bedroom. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a bed with patchwork on it...nothing.
And last, but so not least is this little gem! I have no idea what I'll do with it, but it's so happy. It had to be mine! (sorry about the shadow...but at least we had sun, right?)
As I'm looking lovingly at the pictures I've uploaded, I think about how I could've pressed them so my pictures wouldn't have wrinkles down the middle. But that brings us to another subject... I need a new iron! Yup, I've abused this one far too long, and now it has polyester rick-rack burned to the bottom which it has chosen to share with my lovely white fabrics as I press them.

Anyone have any mid to low priced favorites? Costco has this guy online and a Rowenta in store for about the same price...

I hope you all have a wonderful, happy Friday!

6 comments:

Puglette said...

i feel the same way about thursdays. they are by far one of my favorite weekdays.

i have no advice on the iron, i try to avoid mine.
happy thursday!
:o)
puglette

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Let me state for the record, that my family members don their wrinkly clothes with pride. If it weren't for quilting, I might not even own and iron! :D

Jackie said...

I love Thursdays too for the same reasons. Loving all your fabrics. But to iron anything, I just trust my Rowenta.

josiekitten said...

I hope that Friday wasn't as bad as you thought! Love the fabric with the 4 scenes on it - the cat is very cute! Have a good weekend.

Anna said...

I love that fabric, and your so right about the quilt!

Anna x

Pamela said...

Hi Erica,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. Your blog is cute and I can't wait to see more!