11 September 2009

Parking wars...

This year my son goes to school all day, and that means there are a lot more people who pick up their kids. The first day I thought I'd get there 15 minutes early and be one of the first in line. Wrong! I was way at the back. So the next day I go 20, again, way at the back. Another day 25. Still, there was one lady there. I was like, just how long does this lady wait? Then it was on, I was going to be first in line! So I've been packing up my crochet and sitting in line for 30 minutes! Yes, I'm laughing at myself. It's rather ridiculous, but it gives me something to do, a little challenge to spice up my day. It's sad, isn't it?

Last night we went to the park before dinner. It's always nice to go to the park with jj because then I don't have to please 2 kids at once!

This is the most fun swing imaginable! The three of us (not jj, he's too big!) get on it and spin and swing. Too fun!Then we went to a favorite spot...Pickle Time. When I told my daughter we'd be going she squealed and said, "I want rootbeer and stickers!" The lady who (I believe) owns it always puts stickers on their hands.I just heard something in the garage. I've been hearing lots of somethings lately. jj says it's probably just the wood reacting to temperature and such, but I don't think so. Why so much now, and not before? We've had rat (eeewwww) problems in the past. I'm suspicious...

Anyway, I thought I'd give you a pumpkin update. They're not babies anymore! I hope they don't ripen too fast! I want them for October/November.
And some late gladioluses (gladioli?) have bloomed. So lovely...
And a rose...Speaking of gladioli, My son and I read a book that was teaching something about, I can't remember, plants maybe. Anyhow, she wrote cactuses. Now my handy-dandy, most beloved dictionary says that's okay, but I've never heard that before. It's always been cacti, and that's how I like it. I just looked up gladiolus. The plural is either gladiolus or gladioluses.

Wow, I can ramble, can't I? Especially when talking about my friend, the dictionary...

Now to the good stuff! Look at what I got in the mail today!Wonderful, isn't it? I thought I'd take it out in the sun because whites seem to turn out a little blue in the house. It's a mixture of new and vintage fabrics! She was actually giving them as a giveaway, and oh how I wanted to win (of course, I didn't). So when I found out she was selling a select few I bought that puppy as fast as I could!

And Beata's business card is adorable! I thought about scanning it, but it's her own image (of her incredible matryoshka dolls) and I didn't feel right about that...

1 comment:

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Too funny about showing up at school that early. My kids take the bus now, since it is such a long drive to their schools. When I was picking them up I used to show up 1-2 minutes late to miss all the chaos. So much easier. My son used to be the last one out of the school everyday anyway. I love your fabrics. I love your signature name. I will be your friend ;)
♥ Rebecca