08 October 2009

An off sort of day...

It's not that there haven't been some stellar moments in my day. Cathy blogged about me! I've never been blogged about! :) But I'm just out of sorts again. I think it's yet another form of procrastination. I am the master of such... I really need to tidy up a bit in my craft room as verizon is coming to fix my internet. And I also want to get the majority of the cutting done for Saturday. That'll save my wrist a bit, not to mention time.

Tomorrow should be an odd day. My boy has a birthday party to go to, and then the whole verizon thing. I'm hoping it won't be yet another 'off' day, causing me not to want to go on Saturday. That happens you know...

This little guy has been sitting on our patio all day...I don't think he's well at all. :( That is one of my least favorite parts of fall (though I do love it so...). I hate to say goodbye to all my spider and insect friends (and some of the birds too). Although it makes spring all the more wonderful, because they all come back again...
Goodbye sweet friend...
Geez loweez! Let's perk this post up a bit, shall we?

How about a suggestive pumpkin? Hmm...Or how about this jar of sauce I opened and labeled in September... This past weekend we, a) bought a reddish pumpkin (first one in pic) and harvested my boy's garden o' pumpions. We 'harvested' 8 (and they're perfect except for that one) with more on the way!
^Yes, that is a trash can!
The day after we had a most excellent drive, we went to buy our pumpkin, hay, and corn stalks at a place on the same route. The first day we were driving leisurely, so we pulled over to let not-so-leisurely drivers pass. We stopped by a line of feeding cows and every single one of them looked at us. It was the cutest thing. Sadly, the second day, when I had my camera, there weren't half as many, and they didn't all look. But you get the idea...
Funny, as I was cropping that pic I saw the reflection in the mirror. I'd forgotten we took jj's truck. You can see the tops of the corn stalks we bought too...Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

4 comments:

MichelleB said...

I'm sorry that you're feeling out of sorts! I totally get that, though. You really must go on Saturday! Even if you think that you don't want to - go! You'll be so glad that you did. And, if by any chance you start to feel out of sorts there - just leave early. Get your sorts sorted out and just go.

And we'll still have spiders for awhile yet, so you can come play with some at our house. *shudder*

Cathy said...

I hope you are feeling better. I love your pumpkins, we don't have these one's in Australia, they are such a bright orange! I kinda get your fascination with spiders....but touching them? Aarrgh no I couldn't do it!!! xo

Anna said...

Thanks for you lovely comment over at my place. Hope you are feeling better. Love those pumpkin pictures!

Take care

Anna x

Cheryl said...

Hope your back to not being out of sorts soon....we all deal with that from time to time. So nice to find your blog and all the beautiful pictures.