06 October 2009

Opinions please...and Part 3

Hello there! How's your day been? I've actually had a rather happy day so far. The sun was shining for a while, the lake was calm and peaceful, all was well...

I finished one of the blocks for that Double Dutch quilt. I'm so slow...

I think the solid is going to work out fine, but I'd really like your opinion... First the facts: 1) using the solid would save me $45, and 2) there'd be no directional fabric to deal with. Do you think it works? Honestly... I did the yellow first, because I think that'd be the most bland of the blocks.I posted this picture earlier today, but there's more to it... I actually trimmed these squares! That's a first for me. Usually I just leave them wonky and fudge the seams... I have to say it was much nicer this way, although my back is suffering a bit...So I told you I'd share the rest of my delicious fabric and some flowers today, and so I shall...

And yes, I pressed them for you!

I really think I need lots of this. Unfortunately that particular shop was out of the yardage. It be nice for some new curtains in my bedroom. I like the ones I have currently, but I could change them as I please.I think that top fabric would be nice for some laundry room curtains, don't you think?And here is some adorable matryoshka fabric. They're about 5" tall. Nice, eh?
Here are some close up. I love the little aprons, and the tied kerchiefs... I especially like the kerchief on the red one...This spring, on our way to school, I saw a lady planting this big ol' garden. And now she's selling her plants and veggies! I got 13 dahlia stems for only $1! Sadly, they're not lasting very long, but maybe that's the nature of the dahlia. When I grew them last year I didn't cut any for some reason, so I wouldn't know...
I thought this was funny. The other day I was getting out of the car and I saw this... I don't know if it was an accident, or if my girl thought the pumpkin was hurt...

5 comments:

MichelleB said...

I LOVE it! Forgive me, I guess I don't "see" the background fabric that it's supposed to have. Maybe I need to break out my magazine and have a closer look.

And you should definitely take the time to go to the class. You'll love it.

Bean said...

Hi EJ... absolutely love the block... the "blah" fabric is not "blah" at all.... just so darn pretty - can't wait to see the finished goods :) ... and I'm amazed out how quickly you did it... also wondering if any of the buds opened on the dahlias.... Bean

Levin (and Emily) said...

It took me forever to work out what you were talking about with the solid - and then I realised you meant the white. So, as far as I'm concerned it looks great - go for it ;-)
l
x

Sherri said...

Wondering where you got the Matryoshka fabric!!! I think I have to find some!!!

Sherri said...

Oh...and I love the Double Dutch block as well!