04 October 2009

Part 2: fabric

This morning my alarm went off and I had no intention of waking up to it! Then maybe an hour later a smell came into the room... At that point very little air was coming into my nose and the little that did, smelled just awful. That's what finally got me up. I asked jj later what it was and he said spaghetti. Funny, it didn't smell like that at all. I'd thought it was some disgusting sausage pro....oh! It was meatballs! He buys them frozen to put in whenever I make spaghetti! Funny that I just came to that realization here. I'll leave it that way though....

When I walked past the kitchen Opal said "come in and get your breakfast momma." So I mentioned that no one had made me any toast. jj's working on that presently... :)

This morning has been foggy. A little bit of a disappointment because I wanted to have another lovely ride today. In fact, I wanted to go up to the skagit valley area. Saturday really is best for a day trip such as that, but we missed it. :(

Speaking of disappointment...I was looking forward to football and crochet today, only to learn that they're not playing the Ravens game here. >:(

I just spent 53 minutes on the phone to try to get my internet fixed! They're coming on Friday...yay?

Get on with the fabric you say? Okay...

A bit ago I showed you this wonderful bit o' fabric...
I purchased it from the lovely Jackie. When I saw this stash for a project she was planning, I was so jealous. So when I found she was going to sell some I jumped at the chance!

So the other day I walk into QuiltworksNW to find these:I believe I mentioned before that I wanted to make the Double Dutch quilt in the Feb '09 APQ. (Take a look at her patterns. A good 90% of them make my heart sing! And her colors...sometimes I get bored because a lot of fabric designers keep using the same colors and same patterns throughout multiple collections, but I've not tired of hers.)

I usually don't like to do things exactly as the pattern, but in this case I really did. I'd looked online to find these fabrics, but I couldn't find one store that had them all. So yes, I paid a bit more per yard, and a whopping 9.5% sales tax, but I'll consider it the fee for convenience! :)

You see the fabric is broken down into 4 wide stripes. The flower, grid, big dot, and small dot. Yet another convenience...The pattern calls for the light dotty stripe fabric for the white spaces. If I did that it'd be another $90. So I'm going to try a solid white first. That'd only be $45...big difference!

I also got a bit of 'just for fun' fabrics... you know, the ones I have no immediate plan for...oooo... ahhh... mmm...

You know what? I have more! But I actually think I'm going to press them for you first! That's a first. But the wrinkles really take away from these particular pieces...

Next post... more fabric and flowers!

5 comments:

Pokey said...

Boy, those are some great pieces! What is it about brights that just make you happy? Thanks for sharing, Erica.

Jackie said...

Hi Erica, Thank you for mentioning me! I just love how those fabrics look in your first pic, just fabulous! I, too, love American Jane patterns. Sand Klop does just wonderful things doesn't she?

MichelleB said...

I love, LOVE that Double Dutch pattern. I collected all of the fabrics for it, too - because I saw the pattern and it just sang to me! Who knows when I'll get to it, though. *sigh* Come visit me and we'll work on it together. lol

Pamela said...

I love all those Fabrics from Jackie. Oh, they are wonderful!!

vanessa said...

GORGEOUS fabrics! My mouth is watering, they're so lovely. Your quilt is going to be stunning. I love the polka dots especially!
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)