19 October 2009

Such a Happy Girl...

(The lake at sunset)

For some reason, this afternoon, I am indeed a happy girl! Maybe it's caffeine. I get uber hyper when I have caffeine--and oftentimes, when hyper, I get happy.

I'm currently browsing my favorite digital scrapbooking stores. Like many other things, I'm rather addicted to buying, and rarely using, digi-scrapping kits. I'm just not a productive sort of gal, I'm afraid. I see some of these excellent bloggers who are constantly creating (and actually finishing) so many wonderful things. Why can't I? Maybe when the craft room of my dreams is complete, I will. Okay, who are we kidding...

But alas, I did complete something this weekend. Yes, it's a 7" x 24" something, but I chose it because sometimes a gal needs to feel that sense of accomplishment before she starts feeling completely disappointed in herself, you know? I was rummaging through my stash (which is in bins due to the construction) to find pieces to add to the yummy collection of fabrics I bought from Beata. She is so inspiring, and her blog is so lovely... Anyway, I found a little kit I'd bought during a shop hop 2 years ago. Here it is, my mini table runner...
Love that green, and the pink, and the yellow...okay, all of it!

Let's see, what else have I been up to?

I bought a new iron this weekend. I happened to have a Macy's gift card that I couldn't seem to spend. I wasn't going to buy clothes, and the kitchen gadgets just weren't appealing to me, so I got something I really needed...for free! :)Goodbye old iron. Sorry I didn't follow your cleaning directions and burnt polyester rick-rack all over you...
I also bought a new board cover as the old one was so stained and stiff. Didn't take a pic...too ugly and gross. But I have to ask, where are all the cute covers? I want a pink or red floral cover...give me some roses, or at least some color! I actually considered the naked covers where the undies disappear with heat...briefly (pun). But although it would be a laugh, do I really want to see that? NO! (I forget which quilt shop sells them...hence no link)We also went to Shipwreck beads. I thought I'd make some halloween beaded goodies to sell at Etsy, but I'll never finish them in time... But I'll still make them and either hold on to them for next year, or hope some goth-loving person is shopping! :) Anyhoo, the street leading there is lined with lovely trees...it's so horribly peaceful there, as it's in a business complex. We always go for a little walk... The area is called Hawk's Prairie. And indeed, we've spotted hawks.(pic from a moving car, hence the blur. I didn't realize I had my camera until after we left, which really stinks because I used my phone to take pics of the kids in the leaves.)

Hmm...I also did some sanding. I bought this table for a mere $40 and I'm going to paint it either white or a nice minty/seafoam green. Such fun!
My boy's school had a box-tops contest. The class with the most gets a pizza party or something like that. I've been saving all summer so our contribution was 187 box-tops and 45 labels. Not bad.
Okay...from this post forward I am going to try to be more organized. All my posts seem to be huge and miscellaneous. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

MichelleB said...

Cute runner! I'm with you on the nonproductiveness. I don't know how others do it!

karen said...

Hi
That runner is sooo cute well done.
Thanks for helping to find bunny a home. Good luck
karen

Doris said...

Send me your mailing address and I will send you some more of those box tops...I collected them for a friend's school and then found out they aren't doing it again this year!

I'll have to find where I stuck them, but I'm sure I still have them around here somewhere!

Jackie said...

Love the little runner you made. Sometimes we are all collectors and not producers. But that is okay. I keep saying to myself that someday they will all get done. And organization is something that we all strive for, sometimes it happens and sometimes not.

Cathy said...

I love reading your interesting, miscellaneous posts Erica. Your table runner is gorgeous, congrats on finishing something, I have so many things on the go at the moment, I think I need something small to finish too! I can't wait to see your repainted table xo

Anna said...

Love that mini table runner! The colours are just great!

Anna x

corry said...

I love huge and miscellaneous an i think your tabble runner is gorgeous!

Becky said...

that iron can be saved! I hope you did not throw it out. Just buy that Iron Cleaner in the white tube with blue lettering from Joann's. Turn your iron on, and cover an old face cloth or towel with the stuff, then iron it! Then flip to a clean side, and iron, keep doing that until it is clean as new! Yes it can be new again! And if that does not work by itself find an aluminum curly scratcher, the kind for cleaning your pans and go through the same steps, ironing then on an old towel. Try it, you may be able to save it.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Thanks Becky. I actually haven't been happy with it for a while. I knew the gunk could be removed...it was just the shove/excuse I needed to finally get a new one. ;) I plan to spruce it up and give it to a charity-type store.