01 November 2009

Just a quickie...

(This is the tiniest woodpercker I've ever seen. Funny, just the other day I showed you the flicker, the biggest woodpecker I've ever seen.)

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween, whether you celebrated it or not. Though, is it really something celebrated? What would we be celebrating? Seems like the wrong word for it???

My boy was a clone thing, you know the white-clad guys, from star wars, and my girl was a rider of a(n) unicorn. Meaning, the unicorn has four feet, two of which were actually hers, and the rest she held up with reins. It was funny...we took them costume shopping and as soon as my girl saw the 'horsey' she saw nothing else in that store! Her mind was set. (it is pink, after all...) But we really had to shove my boy into a decision. He's so...thoughtful, as in, he thinks a lot. Man, they were expensive costumes. I'll tell you...$30 for hers and $40 for his. We got 30% off, but still... Please let them fit next year! Actually, we technically could have squeezed them into last year's costumes. They still play with them, but playing is one thing, going out into public is another...

So some of you may see the time...no, I'm not an early riser. My nose was bothering me and I got up at 2am. It's totally going to screw up my day. I'll go back to bed in a minute, but I mustn't take a nap this afternoon. That'll only screw up the next night of sleep.

Alright, this was supposed to be a quickie, and now that I've rambled, I don't even remember what I came here to say. It was something I felt couldn't wait until Sunday Stash...

Oh, I know! I was going to tell you about the super-naughty purchase I just made! Well, technically it is November now, and I technically get 'paid' today. But in reality jj may or may not have the money, and he may or may not have deposited it yet. You know...

But oh, oh, oh I couldn't resist! I just couldn't! Check it out... I'm so very excited about it! Actually, if I remember correctly, I'd been wanting some of that line...

Whew, that's a long link...OH geez loweez! Do you know what I just did (but you won't see because I fixed it)... I copied and pasted a web address right here on the post instead of linking it to a word. Wow, maybe I need to go back to bed! :) lol

I just went to get my camera to see if I have any pics to add...but when I got up I realized that I've been sitting here for 2 hours straight...literally. Cross-legged, of course. I can't stand having my feet on the floor! There, a nice tid-bit about e to complete your day! :)My not-so-attractive, leaning tower o' bird food. I showed this because you can see the fog, foliage and geese/ducks.)Once again. sorry about the clarity of the pics. (Hmm, you know, I don't even know if I zoomed these, I was in such a rush to take the pic before he flew away.) Anyway, when we got this camera we knew nothing about what the 'number' meant, you know D40 vs D90. So when we saw the price tags it was like, I'm sure this is just fine. Heck, it's a nice camera either way...it really is. I love my camera. But now I realize it's the clarity, the megapixels per inch or what have you. And I sure do wish I had the 90. (Or the D3x, which is a mere $8,000. Imagine what you could do with that...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that little woodpecker is a Downy and we get them around here every now and then. Downies are 4 inches and Hairy woodpeckers are 9 inches. We also get a few pielated that are 14 inches/

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Thanks! I would love to see one of those pielated ones!