20 December 2009

A happy parcel and a festive project...

(The frozen lake)
(The foggy lake)

Why hello everyone! I thought for sure I would have posted before now, but you know me... Actually, my parents are coming for a rather long visit tomorrow, so I may not post until after the holiday. We'll see...

I thought today I might share a very wonderful purchase I made not too long ago. I buy a lot of craft supplies, but not so many pre-made crafts, because I always feel like I could make the things myself. But sometimes there are special things, that I couldn't reproduce, and it's so wonderful to buy something someone else has made...especially when it's from the lovely Corry and Heleen.

They have an Etsy shop called dutchsisters. I recommend taking a peek...but don't buy anything I want to buy. ;) They make the cutest things, and their skill is great.

This was the package from Heleen... those are little rolls of fabric!
And here's what was inside...Isn't she adorable!?!Look that that face! Can you see the hand stitching around the wings?

And here's the package from Corry... I love that ribbon...and that card! I swear the US is seriously missing out on some sweet stuff...
And here's her most wonderful heart! She even took pictures while making it on her blog...how fun is that?
Here's the back...
I have great plans for these two things... Needless to say receiving this package was the highlight of that week...

Now on to something I've made. Not half as cute as those things, but so be it... It's a set of christmas-y napkins. They're half circles that you fold into tree shapes! Now, once again, the pattern was off. I don't understand what it is with me and patterns. Why are the ones I pick always screwed up?!? See the trunk? It's not centered! But I'd already cut them all out... jj suggests we say the trees are in a blizzard, and that's why they're leaning. :)

I cropped the picture funny like this so you could see the little wicker stool I usually take pics on... It's from IKEA. Love that store!
So have you thought about the new year yet? Making any resolutions? I thought of a great one...but I forget what it was. 0:)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful gifts Erica, and I adore your little Christmas tree cutlery holders...what a fabulous idea and they look so cute!!! I'm thinking I won't make any resolutions this year, as I break them all anyway!!! xo

thetexturedleaf said...

I love the colourway of the heart. Its gorgeous.