13 December 2009

Sunday Stash #4

Today's bit o' stash is brought to you by a forgotten purchase. Sometimes I just love forgetting what I've bought! It's so much fun to rediscover it!

The other day I was looking through my fat qtrs for a project and I came upon this fabric...
I thought I just bought this while at a little sewing thing at a local quilt shop...but all the fat qtrs in that particular set of shelves are older. And so the search began. Turns out I'd never emptied the bag of stuff I'd brought to work on that day...and that's where my new fabric was!

So here's what I got. Mostly 1/4 yards with a few fat quarters.

This particular shop has a red wagon filled with scraps, and they have baggies you can stuff for $3.Look at all the space I had left! I could've fit more in there!
All in all I showed great restraint that day. I didn't have a lot of money to spend, and I didn't go over my budget. Yay me!

Go visit the Sunday Stash page to see other fun stashes! (Button to the right)

9 comments:

Marquita said...

$3 for that???? wow that is cheap!
here a fatqurter doesn't cost less than the equivalent of $5...
Thank you for your comment.
May I add you to my blog list?

Susan L (lily40au) said...

What a great stash ... and a great price. I haven't started my quilt fabric shopping but you've given me some serious ideas.

Levin (and Emily) said...

wow - that is so cheap for such beautiful fabric. i wish we had that system here - fill a bag for $3!
don't you love finding things though - when you had forgotten about them and then you stumble upon them
happy sewing :)
l
x

thetexturedleaf said...

Nice little stash you have going there. You could start a series called 'forgotten stash' maybe?
I generally have the opposite problem wherein i return home and cant seem to find the tiny little piece that i know i just bought!
Really nice to find you.....:)

sewkatiedid said...

That's a lot of goodness.

missi mu said...

Hi Erica, good to hear from you! Don't you love rediscovering fabric you forgot you had? You have a few baskets of goodness there. Bec

plushka said...

What a great find!!!! I can not believe you spend only $3! I love all of them!!! Great stash:)

Robin said...

I was intrigued by your blog title. It says it all.

I look forward to visiting again.

ChickieChirps said...

Hi Erica,

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the owl fabric too. Wish I had bought more now.

Your tomato fabric is very cool! Love the bright blue and red! Dont you just love finding stuff you had forgotten you bought?!

Arabella