05 January 2010

Hey! It's my 100th post!

(a lovely lichen)

100. Who knew? Not me! Perhaps I'll do a little something special on my 113th post. *hint hint* 13 is my lucky number...

So I hope you enjoyed the holiday festivities. I meant to come on and wish you a Happy New Year, but it didn't happen. So Happy 5th day of the new year! :)

I don't have an awful lot to talk about today. As usual my head isn't feeling very organized, and I feel a little ho-hum. I'd meant to make a cute scrapbook layout about my new year's resolutions. One of them is actually to scrapbook in a more timely fashion, so as not to forget the stories behind my pictures. I'm off to a great start, aren't I? :)
(ducks on the log)

Jackie showed off her wonderful new camera today. I'm jealous. Not to say that I don't love my camera...I do. But I would like something more. But the next up from mine is $750 (body only) at amazon. That's a little pricey for me...and honestly, the one I really want is $1,500 (body only). Yikes! And of course I'd want a fancy new lens for it. So. if I'm going to save, I might as well save big, right? Have I mentioned I'm horrible at saving? Horrible...(ducks on the edge of the ice)

Do you have anything you'd like to/are saving for? I honestly feel if it weren't for internet shopping I might be able to save. Maybe... But if I know the money's in the account, it's so hard not to spend it. And say I take it out in cash or put it in savings...I still know it's there, and I can just reimburse the checking account after the purchase. Oh, it's so very difficult. It would also be easier if I'd stop wanting things... :)
(I don't know who this little guy is! I don't even remember seeing him this summer. He certainly doesn't look like a weed. It'll be very interesting to see what he becomes in the spring.)

Not that I want to lessen my chances, but there are some giveaways going on that you might be interested in. Rita is having one, you get an entry with a purchase in Jackie's new store, and Shelly's having one featuring one of my very favorite Etsy shops. I don't think I've missed any...

Have a nice day! :)

4 comments:

corry said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!
I'm not a good saver either. I have a new lens high on my list. But it seems there is always other (urgent) things to buy!
Good luck on saving!!

Jackie said...

Congrats on your 100th! 13 is lucky for many people. I have to say that your camera took some pretty darn good pictures! Thanks for mentioning my giveaway/sale!! Much appreciated.

thetexturedleaf said...

Hi and well done! 100 posts is a wonderful achievement. Im only up to 24 and Id made the silly promise (to myself and not out loud) that I was going to post once a day when I first began. Im going to check out the giveaways now. Oh! Your photos look gorgeous too

Blz RiZer said...

Hi Erica. It's your adoring little brother. I figured I would use nice words in this in case it is displayed on your page. I don't want to fill it with my negativity. That picture of the ducks is awesome. you need my lens for that one. :)Suppose I'm just dropping in and showing that I care. I guess. Love ya lots. Hoping all is well.