08 January 2010

I'd really love to see you tonight...

I believe I've mentioned before how much I love sappy 70's love songs. Just now I was dancing around the house singing England Dan & JF Coley's song. I do love England Dan. And so now I'm in a decent mood, despite things going on that could get me down...

Speaking of that song, the first sentence of the refrain says "I'm not talking 'bout moving in" but when we listen to it it sounds like "I'm not talking 'bout the linens," and jj has decided he likes the linens lyric better. :)

I started a post yesterday about some lovely fabric I bought a while ago, but the lighting is just so bad... So I'll show you some stuff I got in the mail recently, for which I'm not concerned about the lighting...

Today I got this lovely Layer cake. I'm not too big on those (I hate to spend the extra money to have them cut it for me) but I really like a lot of this line...and I wanted big pieces. How lovely is this quilt going to be? Just simple squares in such a lovely fabric line (opens a pdf).
Wow, I don't know how, but I ended up on Netflix and I think I've been there for 15 minutes or so...oops! :)

Yesterday (I believe) I got 4 packs of 4" squares of the Momo Wonderland(pdf) collection. I liked the floral fabric when I first saw it way back when, but thought nothing of it, until recently when I saw a quilt made up with it, and decided I needed it. Boy it was hard to find what I wanted! I also have 2 jelly rolls coming in, with which I shall surround the squares...

And these are 10" squares I cut from some fabric I've had for a while. This line was the original inspiration for my brown and pink log cabin for which I'm still collecting... I can't find a link for the whole collection. And you can't see that that main fabric has pink stripes, but it does...
So that's it for now, I guess. I may have had more to say, but some delicious strawberry shortcake has distracted me...

4 comments:

corry said...

You have some pretty fabrics there Erica!
Love to see the quilts you're gonna make out of them!
So funny, England Dan & JF Coley's hair is really 70's too! Have a lovely weekend.

MichelleB said...

I think I just read that MoMo is going to reprint the Wonderland. So maybe you'll be able to get some more!

Pokey said...

Oo-o, that Soiree is a pretty set! I sometimes have a hard time cutting into such pretty stuff, what's up with that?

~buzzybee~ said...

What gorgeous fabrics - love that pink one! I've just started quilting and I'm fascinated by all the gorgeous prints out there, and I just can't help myself collecting them!