14 January 2010

I've been a lucky girl!

(My 'baby' [she's almost 4] learned to use the mouse on Monday! She hasn't showed much interest in older-people things...so this was such a surprise. Earlier that day she was sitting in my lap while I did the mouse work on this little person game. You can see where she wiped her mouth on her sweater... Do you love my mouse pad? It's a Marti Mitchell catalog)

Today I got a most wonderful surprise! I won at True Up for my 2009 favorites! Not only did I win, but my gift certificate is for Hawthorne Threads! YAY! I'm so excited! Oh, no way! I just saw that the post was made on the 13th! That's my lucky number! Yay 13!

But that's not the only thing I've won recently... I also won some One In Every Color selvedge pincushions over at Terri's Sew Fantastic blog!
And I also won the Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun digi-kit at Vera Lim Designs! How lucky have I been?
I was also the very last person to sign up for OPAM 2010. I saw the button over at Heleen's wonderful blog. I decided...why not? Maybe it'll help me be more productive? Don't laugh! I actually have made something this month! *gasp!* It's a little corduroy heart... The center heart is a little askew. Now, if I had made it more askew, it would have been fine. But I didn't do it on purpose. :( And I'm not going to do it over. It'll just have to be lovingly flawed...

I've decided to try my hand at the whole Project 365 thing. It's where you take 1 picture a day. I heard about it a few years ago and thought it sounded like a great idea...but I didn't follow through. But this year I have so far...mostly. (I didn't decide to give it a go until a few days into the year.) It should definitely be interesting. I've decided to do 2 pics a day. One for each of my kids. (Hmm...I should do one for each of us.) Anyway, I think I'll do digi-pages...hoping it'll be easier to do. There are a decent amount of 7-pic templates out there (wish there were more).

What else is there to say? Too much, I'm sure. We had a bit of a bright day this past weekend, and I was able to take pictures of some fabric (my favorite). I'll share those another time. For now I'll show you something I've worked on recently. It's just missing its borders which have some applique...hence why they're not finished yet! :) Sorry the pic isn't too great. Some of it's cut off so you don't see the ugly-ness of the house. My boy held it up for me..he's getting so big!
On a slightly less happy note, on Sunday we were having such a blah day that jj actually suggested a trip to IKEA to find a new ottoman for his man-chair. I just love going there, and we all love to eat there! Anyway, on the way we were treated to some road-rage. Some guy decided he'd play games... first he sped up so we couldn't get out of the off ramp, then he tried to run us into the shoulder. Then he slammed on his breaks right in front of us...numerous times. We're talking a screeching-tires slam...he must not have ABS. (And let me tell you, Bertha [my mini-van] is a heavy beast! Given her undersized breaks, it's not easy to stop her). He even cut off other cars multiple times to come back to us and do the break slamming thing. Nice eh?

I had to do my best to calm jj down... he was ready to hurt the people. I admit, my finger flew up during one of the break slammings...My kids were in the car! If I'd been driving I'd have sped off...he was in a huge truck, I doubt he could've caught Bertha...she's got some juice. ;)

4 comments:

Susan L (lily40au) said...

And that say a woman with PMS is a pain ... we've got nothing on that kind of behaviour. Children or not children in the car that guy would have got every piece of blue language I own ... I'm famous for letting go with bad drivers. But good on you for being so restrained. Nice to see someone in the world is an adult.

corry said...

Your red heart looks lovely, wonderful first finish. And you did a beautiful job on the quilt! That's just terrible what happend to and your family, I hate aggressive drivers in traffic!

MichelleB said...

You won some great things - congrats!

Heather said...

Great wins! AND you have totally motivated me to get working on some projects around my house!