08 January 2010

My 2009 Favorites...

Hello again! 2 posts in one day...crazy, I know. So don't forget to check out the previous one...not that it's anything special.

So True Up is doing this thing where you list your favorites of 2009. I thought that sounded like lots of fun, plus you can win prizes...woo-hoo!

So here are mine:

Favorite Quilting Weight Cotton Collection: This is a hard one...there are so many wonderful ones, and frankly, I'm surprised to see what was released in 2009. There are some that I thought were, but apparently weren't. So I am going to pick Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane. Mostly because it's new and therefore fresh in my head. Oh, and it's gorgeous... Amy Butler would come in second, I suppose...

Favorite Overall Designer: Ooo, again hard. But I'm going to say Heather again. If I could say Alexander Henry I would...though I think the ones I really love are too old or too new.

Favorite Floral Print: Totally Amy Butler's Water Bouquet from the Love collection. I needed that as soon as I saw it!!! Jennifer Pagianelli's Elizabeth Rose in ivory is a very, very close second...

Favorite Holiday Fabric or Collection: Wasn't the Funky Christmas line from Michael Miller released this year? I liked that!

Favorite Fabric Shop: Materialgal on Etsy. Stephanie is really sweet and she has a killer fabric selection!

Favorite Under the Radar/Sleeper Collection: Well it certainly wasn't under my radar, but I sure had a hard time finding Rosalie Quinlan's Grandmother's Flower Garden online...

Favorite Print from Japan: Has to be Heather Ross' Far, Far Away. I do so love the princess and the pea... And I had a thing for unicorns when I was a girl. Have you ever worked with double gauze? I just love the feel of it.

Favorite Trend (Colors): I saw a lot of Red and Turquoise going on. And I was okay with that... Saw a lot of pink too. You can never have too much pink.*

Favorite Trend (Motifs): The matryoshka. I love them, and I've seen a whole lot of then this year...

Favorite Juvenile Print for girls: My first instinct is to say Heather Ross again... but I don't want to repeat too much. So we'll say Wendy Slotbloom's Frolic. Now that could be for a young boy too. So let's go even more girly and say Leanika by Dena Designs. Oh yes, that's the one! (Of course these don't have to be for children. I just happen to have an excuse for my love of all things girly...) I didn't really see anything I loved for boys. And of course my boy(6) is at an in-between stage. He's still my baby, but he's getting into older things now *sob*

Favorite Handprinted Fabric: It's a toss between Saffron Craig's Owls Nesting and Kristen Doran's Matryoshka print. Oh but wait, I actually bought this adorable matryoshka bunny print from Areathriftyone. (I'll have to show you that later...I made it up and it's rather cute.)

Favorite Organic Print: Betz White's Picnic Floral canvas...but I'll never own any. That's just too darn expensive for me...

Favorite New Designer: Now I'm going to say Rosalie Quinlan...because everyone's talking about her being new. But what about the Flower Sugar line? Why is everyone saying the GFG is her first line? I don't know...

Okay, so I'm going to wrap it up there. I provided links for things that are a little less mainstream. Hope you enjoyed my little list. Wish I'd had some eye candy to go along with it...


* That made me think of something. When I was in the hospital having my daughter, a gal came by to visit. She had given me a blue blanket with cute little puppies on it and wanted to make sure I was okay with it being blue. I said yes, it was cute and I have no problem with other colors. And then she said, 'yeah, and you can only have so much pink.' I'm not exaggerating...I was taken aback by that. I might even have made a face. What in the world was she saying? You can never have too much pink!

7 comments:

Susan L (lily40au) said...

Good luck with the comp.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica... agree 100% - never too much pink... what was she thinking ????????

And Good Luck with the contest... what will you win? Love ya, Bean

Cathy said...

Hi E, how are you? I feel I have been away for so long (and I'm going away again soon!!). I love hearing what other quilters like, thanks for listing yours and I hope you win a prize for it too! xo

Amy H. said...

Just say you over at My Lily Eden, and just had to say your posting name cracks me up!

- Amy
www.buggieandjellybean.blogspot.com

Oh and have a few giveaways you may or may not be interested in right now!

Just me.....Shelly said...

Oooooh no...NEVER too much pink.
or aqua.
or turquoise.
or yellow.
or
you get the idea!

great choices by you!

Beata said...

Your 2009 favorites are very right on the mark!!

Cheeky Beaks said...

Thanks for the mention!