20 March 2010

Well hello there...

It's been a while, hasn't it? I can't really say why, but I just haven't been going on the computer much. I wouldn't really say Ive been busy doing other things. What have I been doing???

Wednesday (St. Patrick's Day) was my birthday. I'm no longer a lovely pairing of 3's. *sigh*

Anyway, I never told you I joined Heleen and Corry's Spring Swap! For the most part I've sworn off swaps, but I love those gals so much, so I decided to give it a go. And boy am I glad I did!
At first I was rather nervous. You see my partner Chris isn't just anybody. Oh no! Well, I think she thinks she is, but don't be fooled! She makes amazing patterns. One of which I saw in a quilting magazine and instantly fell in love with. So much so, that I remembered (me? remembering?) to go back the next month and buy the next issue for the second part of the pattern! So needless to say, me and my mediocre sewing skills were feeling a little inadequate. But you know what, I feel very much inspired and I really love what I made her (which is on its way now, so I can't show you more than a peek).
(peek)

But the heck with all that inspiration crap, look what she made/gave me!

Here's the outside of the bundle...
I was so excited to open it and see this... Love the dots! Love the color!
My heart skipped a beat when I saw this little corner peeking out...
These beautiful fat quarters were hiding inside...

And finally, THE most beautiful pillow cover! Aren't I lucky? Are you jealous? ;D

(Why didn't I press that before I took the picture! I'm too lazy to go re-do it.)

And it's big (not getting up to measure) so I could also use it as a wall hanging. Not sure what I'll do yet. For now it's on my dining room chair where I sat to sew her gift. Inspiration, you know.

Speaking of inspiration, look what else she gave me...
One of her patterns! As soon as I saw it I had an idea for fabrics. So I'm hoping you might see me working on this soonish. Hey, stop laughing!

4 comments:

corry said...

Hoi Erica so nice to see (read) your blog again.
The pillow case you received is absolutely gorgeous!!! So is the fabric and the pattern! And that peek stash you're showing...such a yummie fabrics!!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

swwaps can be a risk ... but it's so exciting when you get that parcel and then open it ... and it's more amazing than you could have imagined ... and what a gorgeous parcel of goodies you got. the 'extras' sure can be as much fun as the swap.

Chris said...

Such kind things to say Erica and the pics are wonderful!

Arianwen said...

Those are some lovely gifts and I love the quilt pattern