24 June 2010

Have you ever wanted something so much...

Yes, it's my second post of the day!  Weird, eh?  But I really, really needed to show you this.  I don't know where I was on the internet, but I caught a glimpse of this fabric...
(Alexander Henry Secret Garden)


I just LOVE it!  And I needed some...  But it's from 2008 (how did I miss it?) and I searched and searched (with multiple search engines even...just in case!) and the only place I found it was on ebay.  Want to know how much I paid for one yard?


ahem...


$21.  The shipping was $6, so a total of $27 for one yard...  I felt sick...but I had to have it, I just did!  I wanted more, but I just couldn't justify it...

Have you ever paid a ridiculous amount of money for something you just had to have?

11 comments:

Allana said...

I can see why you had to have it, the colours are gorgeous! :)

val said...

Hi Erica, Yes I will be your Friend! and Yes I understand why you just had to have such gorgeous fabric. Wonder what it will become? Being English I'm not sure just how much you paid, but I guess it was Quite Substantial!
Please pop over to my blog sometime ....
have a good week,
blessings Val

Kala said...

The fabric is so cheerful. It looks so good with your hexagons. I'm so happy to see you posted.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Erica! Hmmm ... I'm not wondering how much you USUALLY pay per yard/metre for fabric, cos here in Australia, most good quality patchwork fabrics are $24-$28 per metre. Supposedly, it's the impoprt duties/fees etc that make them so expensive, as all have to be imported, but it can make quilting/stitching an expensive hobby. Still ... better to spend out money on quilting than on other vices, right?! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

sewfunbymonique said...

All I can say is I can relate!!!! How fun!

ifabrikate said...

Yep, as per the previous comment, it's not uncommon to pay that much in Australia, I've been so envious of you all in the US after seeing the prices! When I holiday there I'll be bringing an empty suitcase for fabric. And I can really see why you HAD to have that fabric..I would have been the same!!!

Andy and Ana said...

Hi Erica! Love your blog...You gave me a new idea...Wow! Crochet-Fabric Art LOve it:) I'm so excited someone thinking the same like me. Enjoy your cay, Ana at 'Our Front Porch' come visit :)

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

ooh! I see pillowcases with crocheted edges in your future... ;-) Wouldn't that be cute with that great fabric!!! love all the colors!

Quiltefia said...

Hi!! The fabric is beautiful!! We pay 27$ pr meter here in Norway!! So I use Fat Quarter shop often.... Anne:-)

Quiltefia said...

Hi again!! Do you know the blog Attic24?? If not!! Check it out!! Anne:-)

Hen said...

Oh I'm pretty sure I've probably done something like this! The important thing is if you look at it and really love it, then it's money well spent. I've just found your blog via a ramble and I'm not sure how I haven't found you before?!
Hen x