01 November 2010

Could it really be?


Could I actually be blogging?  I was determined to make a Happy Halloween post, and here it is, a day late.  But so be it!  I'm making it anyway!

please excuse the paint test strips.  I've decided against both of the colors...
Do you know what I realized this Halloween?  It's my second favorite holiday to decorate for, Christmas being the first.  I use tons of candles.  I love them.  I want to grow my decoration collection so that one year I'll have a completely transformed, spooky home.  That would be awesome.  But strangely/sadly enough, my family room is complete decoration unfriendly.  I'm going to have to change that somehow...  (Of course, for me, it's almost like a throw-away room as far as that goes.  I've released it to the family, as it should be.)   Now the living room...that's momma's room.  ;)


I did a bit o' Halloween-y crafting.  How adorable is this box?




I spent a small fortune at my local craft store.  You know what gets me?  The displays.  Sometimes I look at stuff and think, 'what the heck would I do with this?'  Well, the displays show me, and therefore, I buy...


Last night the kids were so very excited to trick or treat, but then we found out that our town decided to make the 30th Halloween!  This town is disappointing me more and more over time.  So we went to the neighboring town and had the best time we've had in years!  Yet another affirmation that we'd like to move there someday.  Unfortunately, I'm the type that get's attached to my home.  How could I ever leave here, my first home?  The home that my kids are growing up in...  The home where so many of our memories were made...  I wonder if that has anything to do with my childhood, where we were moving every few years?  I wouldn't trade that for the world, but I don't think I could do it anymore.  Not to say that I don't have the moving itch every now and again...but honestly it's a desire to leave this state, go back east, raise my kids there.  But I think we're here for good.  *sigh*  I almost can't fathom that my kids are going to live in the same place for their entire childhood.  It kind of upsets me.  Funny...


You know, I received a wonderful gift from a friend and I wanted to show you, but my camera's acting up...as in, it might be 'broken!'  :(  Hopefully I can get that taken care of soon.  I NEED my camera...it's essential!

Okay, so I didn't think I'd get on here and 'talk' your ear off with random junk.  :D  But it is nice to say hello.  Am I back to blogging though?  That remains to be seen...

Happy Halloween  :)

Oh, by the way...I started a new book last night.  It's very promising.  One of the reviews said it was like Bram Stoker meets Clive Cussler, meets Michael Crichton.  *swoon*  (B.S. and M.C.  are two of my absolute favorites of all time!!!)  And my third favorite author, James Rollins, said he loved it. *swoon*

5 comments:

Kala said...

Velcome Back! You have been missed. I love decorating for the different seasons and holidays. What luck to have a mom room to decorate so cute. Catch ya later.

Chris said...

Hi Erica - lovely to hear from you! Halloween is really foreign to us here tho a few kids are taking it up.
Any sewing happening?

Cathy said...

Lovely to have you back Erica, I hope you are really well. don't you find blogging can come and go in stages? Love the pics xo

dutch sisters said...

Hoi Erica it's wonderful to see you again! You did a fantastic halloween decoration job! And the box you made is very cute too!

Ravenhill said...

Wow, that was the most goulishly carved pumpkin! Way cool! The box is a great idea. I know my son would love something like it!
emily xo