10 November 2010

Tomorrow's the day!

 
Yay!  Tomorrow is the annual CKC!  My parents will be arriving tonight and then Thursday my mom and I will be immersing ourselves in all things scrapbooky!  :)  It's our one true girls getaway...which is funny, because the focus is scrapbooking, something we do for our families.  I always get all sentimental during these breaks.  I'm such a sap!


Anyway, this year we left a night open so we could watch a scary movie, something our husbands don't love as much as we do.*   I so hope the 'on demand' thing at the hotel has one.  That would really stink if it didn't!

My camera is working off and on, so I was able to take a pic of the most excellent gift Kala sent me.  Does she know me or what!?  It's a crochet hook holder!  Isn't the spider adorable?

I love her little hands, and the spines on her legs!  (My favorite spider, the garden spider, has very spiny legs.)  What a wonderful, thoughtful person Kala is!  :)




So anyway (I find myself saying 'anyway' a lot.  Maybe because I go off on tangents???)  Anyway, (lol) I remembered that I didn't show you all of the pumpkins.  I know Halloween is way past, but you didn't see jj's pumpkin, which is adorable.  It's the one in the front.  Sorry about the blurry pic.  I'm shaky, and I don't have a tripod...  :)

I also want to show you a recent purchase.  This only cost $18!!!  It's going on my mantle...once I get it cleared off.  I just love old windows.  It's a pretty big guy too (~30 x 40").  I've also picked out a paint color for that wall (I think).  I'm going with something dark-ish to try to detract attention from the hideous hearth/mantle.  Hopefully I'll be able to share soon!  :)
I hope you have a great weekend!

* Recently the kids stayed with jj's dad and we decided to go to IKEA (it was the most wonderful IKEA trip I've had in a while.  jj even bought me stuff!) And then we decided to get cozy on the couch and watch a non family movie.  Well, there wasn't much to chose from, and we didn't want to waste time going to the dvd store.  So we chose Splice.  Well yuck.  I don't recommend it.  It was a little sick and I didn't care for the actors.  jj is considering it a horror movie, and re-asserting how much he hates them.  But it really wasn't horror.  It was more like a sick sci-fi. 

2 comments:

Kala said...

Sounds like oh so much fun. Love girl time. It's even better when doing something creative. I do hope that is a fabulous time. I can't wait to see the paint. I have an old window hanging on my wall, that's used to write messages. I use a sharpie. It comes off with alcohol. It's bedtime...so good night, in the morning your fun begins. Can't wait to hear about it.

dutch sisters said...

I bet both you girls had a fantastic time! Love the spider Kala sent you, so pretty embroidery. Have a lovely weekend. groetjes, corry