09 February 2011

Blogger's Pillow Party

Hello again!  Remember me...and my pillow?  :D  Yes, I just showed you this, but you know what, I'm going to enter it into the Blogger's Pillow Party.  I don't think I'll win, but it'll be fun! (And there's always a crazy chance.)
Blogger's Pillow Party
I'm supposed to talk about my pillow.  What can I say?  I was searching in my template/ruler bin and a little picture of a spiderweb block caught my attention on the tag of this triangle ruler thing I'd never used.  (I'd tell you what the ruler's called except I can't find it.  How do I misplace things so easily?!?)  Don't ask me why, but I instantly thought I should make a pillow with it.

So I went about digging through my bins looking for some fabrics.  I did my best to join them haphazardly (I tend to be rather obsessive with that sort of thing).  No two fabrics are the same on one side, but the back has the same fabrics as the front.  Clear as mud?   I knew I wanted a button in the center (that's my favorite part).  I'd thought about doing some stitching between the sections and what not, but it's busy enough as is.  Overall I'm pretty happy with it.  :)

Right now it's sitting on my white couch where it's very happy.  But I made it with my new craft room in mind.  I plan to have a nice white, cozy chair in there and this guy will be so happy on it, don't you think?

Thanks for listening to me stretch for something to say about my little pillow!  :D  Wish me luck!!!

23 comments:

Ruby Star said...

This pillow is so cute. I really love the colours.

Chris said...

It's beautiful Erica - good luck with the Pillow Party.

Colima said...

I LOVE your pillow! It's so vibrant and fabulous!!! I like the button center as well :)

Rachel Hauser said...

What a very happy pillow! So different too. Thanks for playing!

dutch sisters said...

Your pillow is beautiful Erica. Good luck whit the party.
groetjes.

Samelia's Mum said...

Your pillow is GORGEOUS. It's so bright and lovely and I'm sure it looks fantastic sitting on a while couch. Good Luck in the pillow party

Wendy said...

It looks great! I love the scrappy look.

Kelly said...

stumbled upon your site and I love the fabrics you've got! Bright and cheery and wonderful pillow!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Erica this could not be more beautiful.

maureencracknell said...

I love your pillow, it's so fun and creative -- great job!!!

Angelcat said...

Your pillow is fabulous, love all of those bright and vibrant fabrics.

Carol said...

All the best! :)

Shelley said...

So very cute! I love all the fabric and color variety :)

Chris said...

Such a super happy pillow! I love it. You did a lovely job. Best wishes!

Ellen said...

It's gorgeous! And a great inspiration for those of us (namely me) who haven't tried the spiderweb thing yet. Love your color combo - its fresh and fun!

notes of sincerity said...

Oh how absolutely cute!!
Sincerely, Trish

meli B said...

After seeing the 9 finalists I think I loved your pillow best.

grendelskin said...

I'm with meli b; yours is my favorite!

Kimberly said...

your pillow was my fave of the nine finalists...just gorgeous. i have pinned it over on pinterest. great job!

Sarah said...

Your pillow is SO the best pillow in the comp. You should have won. I love it!

Jodie said...

This is one of my favorite. Love it and the colors chosen

Liz said...

LOVE your cushion!! The colours, the button, everything!

Glenda said...

Gazing at your pillow stirs some distant delightful memory so that must make it retro! Love the shape!!! And the button!! Oh, and yes, the colours too.