11 March 2011

Keeping busy...

I placed the hst's haphazardly, this won't be the final layout.
Hello!  Today has been such a lazy, sluggish kind of day.  The kind where being lazy drives you crazy, yet you can't get yourself to do anything about it.  Yuck!

I haven't worked on my happy hexagons since last post.  I think I'm going to go with the red even though it'll mean reworking the pink a bit.  (Uh oh!  I was just looking at the picture of it again and one of the yellows stands out quite a bit...  I'm going to try to not let it bother me.)

I've been keeping busy with the quilt in the top photo.  It's going together really fast, but I need another Kumari Garden charm pack to make it a nice size to cuddle on the couch with.  I really love that line, especially Tarika in moss and Kamal in moss and stone...love love!  I'll be doing the binding in the moss Tarika.  Hmm, it would have made a nice bed quilt...

I was thinking about entering another pillow in this month's Blogger's Pillow Party, but I'm running out of time.  I have an idea in mind, though it might be time consuming.  I wonder if they're doing one in April...

My boy has been asking about sewing lately so I let him give it a try.  He had a blast for the one day, but hasn't asked much since.  It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.  This is a block he made...
not bad for his first try...I think he'll probably be able to sew circles around me in no time.

I hope you enjoy your weekend!  Yay Friday!

9 comments:

dutch sisters said...

Love how your quilt is coming together erica. You're using very pretty fabrics. Have a wonderful weekend!

Wonky Girl said...

Not a bad idea to teach sons their way around a sewing machine. Mine sewed Star Trek costumes in Jr High for a home movie. Then later in the service he made extra $ sewing on uniform patches.

BTW- love your quilts!

Cathy said...

Love love love your linen quilt, how gorgeous. Fabulous start for your young man. xo

SofiAlgarvia said...

Hi, Erica!
It's my first time here, and I see such beautiful things in your blog, that I decided to stay!

sewkatiedid said...

gorgeous, all your work is gorgeous!

Katherine said...

Love the hst with the linen. Yum!

You should enter your pillow for April - there's an awesome prize for winning.... ;o)

Anna said...

beautiful colors!

Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Love that Kumari with the linen. So pretty. Your hexies are lovely too!

sew katie did said...

The half squares are so pretty with that linen.