02 March 2011

Making progress...


Hello there! How have you been? I haven't been 'busy' really, but... Could it be? Yes! I've been maintaining my 'do something a week' New Year plan! It probably seems silly. I know so many bloggers who finish things left and right. But I have little-to-no focus, and for me to make some progress each week is a big thing! So above you can see the progress on my happy hexagon table runner, for which I must still buy a table. :D (It's something I'm planning for my new craft room.) I have 2 colors left to add. I'm hoping it won't look too green-heavy. I have the normal-ish greens then the aqua. I couldn't omit the aquas as they're my favorite 30's repro color. We'll see... Either way I'm not changing it! :)
So did you see?!? My pillow made it to the top 9 in the Blogger's Pillow Party!!! Thanks so much to all the sweet people who wrote to tell me they liked it. The last week or two have been surreal to say the least. People even added my pillow to their flickr favorites and Pinterest! That's all so new to me! Speaking of which, Kimberly...how do I find your Pinterest page?

I haven't shared purchases in quite a long time, have I? A bit ago I found a really great shop not too far from here...kind of. We go there often enough that I'll get in a few trips a year. They had a lot of variety in their notions, and some excellent colors of wool. I didn't take a picture of what I bought there yet. I also got another fun thing on that trip... I'll definitely have to take some pictures.

In the meantime, here are some other goodies I've amassed. I don't usually buy entire collections, but I'm finding I don't have a lot of neutrals/blenders/whatever those not-so-standoutish prints are called, so a collection buying I did go...
I have Liesl Gibson's City Weekend, Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms (LOVE IT SO MUCH!),  and AMH's Innocent Crush. 

I bought the Innocent Crush for a particular pattern, but I didn't love this collection like I thought I would. :( But I figured whatever, just go with it and then I saw that it's the same collection as in the pattern photo! :( I can't make the same exact quilt, that would bug me! So I'm searching for a replacement... I bought the City Weekend when I saw Liesl's quilt.

Talk to you soon!

7 comments:

Chris said...

Congratulations Erica! how exciting for you. The pillow is beautiful and obviously lots of others thought so too (not as beautiful as the one you made for me tho).
Love the hexagons too.

Samelia's Mum said...

Your pillow is gorgeous. Congrats for getting into the top 9. Love your hexies.

dutch sisters said...

Your hexagons are georgeous, as is the pillow!!congratulations!

Cathy said...

Not surprised your pillow made it in the list there Erica, it is simply divine! Adore the hexies, they are so pretty, this table runner will be gorgeous. Love the new stashers!! xo

Kala said...

Loving the hexies!!! I LOVE the colors...it didn't appear green heavy. But, I do love green. Can't wait to see what you'll do with the fun fabric. And Congrats on the pillow. So fun to see your work appreciated.

Corrie said...

love your hexagons! so pretty and so is the cushion

corrie;)

Sarah said...

Your hexies are as lovely as your beautiful pillow. I'm a follower now! Cheers, Sarah