08 March 2011

Opinions please...

How I planned it originally
Hello there!  I was working along on my happy hex table runner when I realized that my blues weren't very blue-y.  Especially when put next to those strong aquas...do you agree?

So I went to the store and bought some new ones and I'll try them out.  But I also bought some reds.  What do you think?  Should I add the reds?  I didn't include them originally because I kind-of have a bubblegummy look going on here, although my reds seem soft somehow...they're not deep dark reds.  But are they too overwhelming?  And do I need more?  I have 6 or 7 of all the other colors...
with the reds

And what about the shape?  I was going to taper it on the ends like you see in the first picture.  But I could also end it kind-of like the aquas (where I stopped working).  I think the tapered look is kind of nice, especially for a long cabinet.  What are your thoughts?

In the meantime, I'm thinking about these...  It was just coincidence that this charm pack ended up on this linen, but they look really good together!  So off I go to sew...

5 comments:

Samelia's Mum said...

I love the reds at the end. I can't wait to see your finished table runner. It will look amazing!

Cristina said...

I like the reds, they help balance the intensity of the purples. Also, I like it tapered.

Cathy said...

I like the blues you have, and the reds you bought look fabulous, I think they will go well. Lovely. xo

whoFilets said...

I like the blues, and the reds, I think it all looks a little soft and you wouldn't want a strong dark red or dark blue to compete.

Jennifer said...

I love the 30's hexies - the finished runner is going to be beautiful!