27 April 2011

Lemonade

Hello!  I can't believe it's been over a month since I blogged.  Long story short, I had a crappy March and I've been busy doing nothing.  Except for my pillow for the Blogger's Pillow Party.  Yes, a late entry!  And not the entry I intended.  No...this morning, with tears, I realized that the pillow I've been thinking about making for months, and perfect for the Pillow Party, just wasn't going to get done in time.  I procrastinated, plain and simple.  But hopefully you'll see it later, assuming I ever want to touch it again!

So in comes the lemonade part  You know that whole, 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade?'  So that's what I did this afternoon.  I already had my solids out, so I went ahead and made another pillow...we'll call her Lemonade.

Of course the light today is absolutely awful!  These pictures were actually taken in the brightest part of the afternoon!  Again, if I hadn't procrastinated I could have waited for a bright day...

This is the back...The brown part is linen.  Wrinkle city!

She will call our family room couch home.  It could use some sprucing up.  (ick, the lighting in this picture is just awful!) 

We'll see if it she hold up with the kids.  :)

Hopefully I'll check back soon to share a little trip we took last weekend...

12 comments:

Jackie said...

Even though you procrastinated, this pillow is just beautiful!! Colorful little burst for you family room. I hope your April goes better than March.

Cathy said...

Lovely to have you back Erica. I just love your cushion, those solid stripes of goodness look fabulous against the linen. I too wish you a better month, perhaps for May as April is almost gone!! xo

Nicky said...

Great colours - I love it. Good luck with your entry.

Sympathise - we also had horrible Easter holiday this year. Let's hope April brings better.

Ruth said...

That pillow is really striking. I love it!

Here's to a better May!

cinzia said...

Just saw your pillow entry. It's beautiful! If you just made a MUCH larger version, it would make a stunning contemporary quilt! i love solids.

Rachel Hauser said...

I love your lemonade (and I love lemonade). What you whipped up is beautiful. Thanks for joining in on the Pillow Party!

SisterBatik said...

Love your beautiful pillow (from another participant of the pillow party).

Glad to see you were chosen as one of the 9 top favourites too : )

Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Love that pillow!

Pomona said...

It's a lovely cushion - not second best at all!

Pomona x

Jessica said...

I loooooooove this pillow! I've been wanting to make new covers for the pillows on our couch, I might have to do a variation on this.

Kala said...

I LOVE Lemonade. Very fun in deed. I love the bright cheerful colors. I sure hope that things will be wonderful for you soon.

Mary said...

Hi Erica - I just pinned your pillow on Pinterest....it's adorable!