16 May 2011

Brr!


Hello there!  You know the other day, Friday maybe, I had the desire to blog.  You may know that it takes a lot for me to blog.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I'm slow, or because I have nothing of worth to say?  Anyway, wouldn't you know that Blogger was down for maintenance that day!

Today is a chilly.  Chilly and rainy, and my mouse hand is freezing!  I'm considering baking some cookies, but this type of day enhances my laziness.  Though the warmth of the oven is tempting!  ;D

So this is what I've been up to.

You might remember I started out with this...but it felt a little buzy.  I rather like the white edges.

As you can see I decided to add the red to my runner.  I'm glad I did.  Technically, I can call it done as I backed it with a fusible stabilizer.  No one will see the back.  But I did buy some felt, and I could stitch around the hexagons.  We'll see.
At the top you can see the legs of Corry's lovely bird.  I couldn't seem to get a straight shot, this was the least crooked,

That's about all I've done this past week.  I haven't started the back of the pillow yet, but I have an idea of the layout.  I'm want to use the leftover squares.  I think I'll do a zipper this time too, as it'll make the pattern easier to accomplish, and I'm all about easy! ;)

I never did tell you about our lovely weekend trip.  We love little weekend getaways.  It seems we don't do it as often as we used to.  The kids had a great time playing on the beaches, even though it was 50 degrees and often there was a slight, cool breeze.


picnic anyone?


Until next time...

5 comments:

Cathy said...

You have plenty of great stuff to say Erica, pity blogger was mucking around last week!!! I adore your table runner, you are right, the red in it looks great! And your holiday pics are gorgeous xo

Jackie said...

Fabulous projects!! Full of color and delight. Love the hexies. What gorgeous photos of your weekend!

Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts said...

I LOVE those crosses. Seriously I need to make some but my LIST is getting so long! :) Your hexies are beautiful too. The rainbow is very happy. Amazing pictures too. Fun stuff.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Really love how the fabric blends into other fabrics. The t quilt is amazing.

S for sol said...

Very lovely quilts. Love the colors.