10 May 2011

I love my stash...es

Our friend Lemonade is such a happy pillow
Can a girl have too many stashes?  Yeah, maybe, but I love my stashes.  My beads, my yarn, my scrapbooky goodies, and my fabric...ooo, my fabric, that might be my favorite one.  So why am I talking about them?  Well because the other day I was in my local craft store.  (It's what I'll call a high end craft store, with the same stuff you'll find in a local quilt, bead or scrap store.  I love it....maybe too much.)  Anyhoo, I needed some interfacing...just interfacing.  I purposely avoided the bead and scrapbook section, but alas!  Right in front of the cash registers was a trunk show of wonderful beads!  So I reluctantly looked...well you know the end of that story!  I swear I cannot go to that store without spending more money than I have.  Ugh!
It looks unfocused, but if you click to enlarge, it's better.

I don't need any more beads!  What I need is to use them!  I thought I'd show you some of my favorites, or should I say my favorite color...seafoamy, turquoisy green/blue.  Nice decisive label, eh?  :D  I'm always drawn to this color.  It's a sickness.

Speaking of sickness, I've also been acquiring fabric.  I bought Denyse Schmidt's Joann line.  I know there are those who poo poo Joann.  I can't say I like the store, but it is Denyse after all.  I did feel a little odd paying $10 a yard though...ugh, typing it affirms how odd I feel about it.  That's more than I'd pay online, or maybe even in a quilt store.  Yuck!  But I love it... ;)

As you can see, it's reminiscent of some of her older stuff...
new, old, old, new

I also bought her Hope Valley line...  Yum! 

Aaanndd, I bought Patricia Bravo's Bohemian Soul line...
wow, the bottom of this picture is super out of focus

Aaanndd, I bought some scrap packs from Hawthorne Threads.  Now don't go buying them all, I want more too!  I'm slightly obsessed with them.  I've been burned by crappy scraps before, but these are amazing!  (says me)

I'm making a pillow out of some of them...

Speaking of pillows...my Lemonade won the Blogger's Pillow Party!  Yes, WON!  I couldn't believe it.  That feels odd too...  Let's add another oddity, shall we?  jj really likes it.  As in, I got more of a reaction out of him from this last-minute pillow than I've gotten from anything I've made before!  I think it's the linen...

5 comments:

Chris said...

That's fantastic Erica! What did you win.
You've been buying a lot of fabric lately haven't you.

Cathy said...

Ahh I love all your fabric buys Erica, how gorgeous, my little fat quarter pile of DS fabrics arrived today, aren't they gorgeous?!! Love the beads, beautiful colour! Congrats on the win, love the new one in the making!! xo

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Love the pillow design. I have made a quilt like that. Your fabric lay out makes me want to do it again.

Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts said...

So cool that your pillow won! Congrats! I so wish I had some of your stash. Wonderful additions. Love the cross pillow too. That is on my list of things to make. :)

Kala said...

Congrats!!!!! That's so much fun. Love the fabric and the beads. Hope you have time to make somethings super fun!