23 September 2011

I'm in the mood for yarn...

Hello Again!  I thought I'd share something I made last week.  Or was it this week?  Anyhow, I may have mentioned before that I like to collect old windows.  I had jj put little screws on the bottom to hang little things, but I haven't gotten around to making anything cute to hang.  However, I did make this mini bunting for the one.  I think it looks adorable...really gives it some character, as my mom might say.  I love projects that can be completed in a small amount of time.  You know me...that's about the only way anything will ever get finished!  This one was way-fast, even with the 1/4" binding.

We went to Vancouver, BC, recently and I went to Urban Yarns, a very cute little shop and bought this:


Why is it that I always have the urge to work with yarn when the weather warms up?  (Maybe because I'm crazy...)  I love when they ask you what you're making.  Will I ever be able to give a specific answer to that question?  It's not that I don't have specific projects in wait, but I don't know which project this yarn will end up in!  :)

 I'm actually working on a blanket though.  I have a high failure rate on large projects, but I'm really trying on this one.  I started off striping with complete randomness, but as I arranged the balls of yarn I found I really liked the progression of similar colors.  I'm much happier with the new striping, but I'm not about to redo the old...

This will be for my girl, I think.  It's definitely on the girly side.  And it's going to have an excellent story behind it..."See this tight part?  That's when my mom worked on it during my first week of school!"  Yes.  My tension created a much tighter tension.  So I have a tight, though beautiful, section of stripes that cause the first section of stripes to ruffle a bit.  (No, I'm not going to show you.)  But you know what?  I'm not fixing it!  Not only would that not be my style, but it really is a cute story.  Now if only I could stop gritting my teeth...  :D



I rather like the ends.  Maybe I'll do a fringe...
I noticed that all my pictures looked blurry like the top one here.  The bottom picture is uploaded directly to Blogger, whereas the other I put on flickr first.  This uploaded one is much more crisp.  I guess I'll stick to this method.  By the way, I fixed all the others.

4 comments:

dutch sisters said...

Wow! I love that yarn!! What a beautiful bright colors. And is that a little dutch doll I see in the picture?

Cathy said...

Those yarns look delicious Erica, how divine and I adore your stripey rug, and the little glimpses of hexi's underneath!!! xo

Parohia Plopii Slăviteşti said...

If you have toys and children clothes you don”t need pleas contact me or send them
to me : Ionescu Otilia , Romania , Plopii slavitesti , 147255 , Teleorman
thank you !
Ps. Greate blog!

Lisbeth T. Hansen said...

I love to see the little cute doll in the picture.. Where can I get the pattern?
Lisbeth.