29 August 2012

lazy days...

a little hexagon project in progress

Hello there!  Can you guess what I'm going to say?  I can't believe summer vacation is almost over!  It went by so quickly!  It's like I don't pay attention to the day or month until suddenly there's only a week left.  As in years before, I had so many plans and so few were carried out.  And if you ask me what I've been up to, well I can't really think of much!  ugh...

Well, we did go to an airshow.  It was great fun.  I think it's the happiest I've seen jj in a while.  He's just too stressed at work, and home, and everywhere...
this is my favorite plane.  I like the big, fat ones.  :D

I am however looking forward to autumn...not to winter...not to saying goodbye to the sun...not to rain.  I miss a nice autumn back east (I live on the west coast of the US now), but any autumn will do.  I love Halloween (the decorating mostly) and pumpkins, hayrides and corn mazes.  But let's not wish away the tiny bit of summer we have left...

I know I said I'd show you my craft room, but I haven't gotten around to taking any serious pictures yet.  I've been trying to organize and whatnot.  My paper craft supplies are quite a mess.  And of course I've decided and re-decided how to sort my fabric.  :)

When I was first putting together the room I was surprised by how small my fabric stash was...I had thought it was much bigger.  I thought maybe I didn't need another cabinet, I could put both paper and fabric in one...

Oh how wrong I was...yikes!
this is the fabric (yum!)
There's even fabric behind the fabric!  I really need to start making stuff...

Here's my paper cabinet...in progress.  I'm trying to organize it.  There's much more space now.  (It looks like a lot more than it really is.)  0:D
look at the mess already!  I put a curtain over my door because my curtains weren't up on the window yet.  that's fixed...
 You want to know my favorites?  The vintage fabrics and sheets!

Some of my favorite-favorites are from Junette @ patternlike
I've been trying to spiffy up the house a little bit.  It's really been lacking for...years.  I've been in a rut for...years.  :D  I finally got around to putting up my vintage, crocheted pot holder collection.  I think it looks nice.  It would look even better with some new paint...and some new curtains.  On the right, you can just barely see the fork and spoon hangings I painted bright orange.  I'm very happy with my two new IKEA lamps as well.  (psst...I LOVE IKEA!!!) :D
you've got to love the hawaiian bread package in the corner...nice.
I also made a wreath for the front door some time ago.  I can't say I love it...it leaves quite a bit to be desired, but it's welcoming all the same.  (And I'm too lazy to fix it up.  I originally planned to put a bunting that said welcome on it...)   :D
this poor door needs some paint too

Well that's enough show and tell for now.  I thought about breaking this up into multiple posts, hmm...I could make them and then not publish until later...  If I don't do it now I just plain won't get around to it, you know?

Hopefully we can chat again soon!  Until then...

4 comments:

Lea said...

I like your organizing ideas, looks like you accomplished a lot! Where did you buy the white craft shelves?

Christina (Carla og krudtuglen) said...

What a fantastic collection of fabric you have! I think I have the same lamp from IKEA (I also love IKEA:-)).
Christina

Regina said...

Erica, your craft room is so inspiring & beautiful. I can't wait to finish my own.

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

have to drool over your vintage sheet collection! Love your organization too!